Deadline: May 31, 2013
The AUCD Conference provides a special opportunity to share your interests, talents, and perspectives in a range of disability related topics with others in the network and our partners.
Promoting Inclusion in an Increasingly Diverse World
This Conference theme promotes our network values of inclusion of all persons with developmental and other disabilities in community life and engages the network in conversation and practices to ensure our work reflects the changing cultural and linguistic landscape in our Centers and States.
On February 26, 1987, President Ronald Reagan designated March as the National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. Read about a few of the current AUCD and Network activities underway this month.
- Emergency Preparedness for Persons with Disabilities and Special Needs
- Evacuating Populations with Special Needs - Routes to Effective Evacuation Planning Primer Series
Nobody Left Behind: Disaster Preparedness for Persons with Mobility Impairments
- Preparing for Disaster for People with Disabilities and other Special Needs
Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act: Questions and Answers
Comprehensive Preparedness Guide 301 for Special Needs Populations
- Disaster Preparedness and People with Complex Communication Needs (CCN) Website
- ADA Guidelines from the U.S. Department of Justice on Sheltering for Mass Care
- Working with People with Disabilities- A Guide for Responders
"Ready" Instructional Videos from the US Department of Homeland Security
- Accommodating People with Disabilities in Disasters: A Reference Guide to Federal Law
Amendments to the Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act
Text of the amendments to the Stafford Act of the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Bill for FY 2007 (HR 5441).
Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Bill Talking Points
CCD Emergency Management Task Force talking points on the disability-specific provisions of the Pos- Katrina Emergency Management Reform Bill.ccd emergency mgmt reform act talking points 092106.doc [download]