Plain Language Resources
- Meaningfully Engaging Your CAC Learn about how UCEDDs work with CACs
- Alphabet Soup for CACs Learn what people mean when using letters instead of words (like IEP, CAC, DD, AUCD, or HCBS)
- Get to Know Your Members Learn about Congress and how to find who represents you
- Contacting Congress Learn how to contact your Members of Congress, once you find them
- Congressional Recess Guide Learn about Congressional recess
- Public Comment and Regulations Learn what public comments are and how to make them
- Public Hearings Learn about public hearings and how to access them
- The Federal Budget Process Learn about the Federal Budget process
- State Level Policy 101 Learn about educating state policymakers
- Tuesdays with Liz Video series highlighting current issues in disability policy
Easy Read Resources
Plain Language and Easy Read Tools
Interested in joining a group about plain language at AUCD? Email Liz Weintraub ([email protected]) to join the Plain Language Advisory Group.
The UCEDD Resource Center wants to make sure that everyone knows what is being talked about, either by speaking or writing, so all people can be included.
Plain language is one way to help more people understand.
Plain language is communication that is clear, straightforward, and only uses words that are necessary.
This page is to share:
1. Our resources available in plain language and easy read formats.
2. Tools for UCEDDs making their own plain language and easy read resources.