Professional Fellows Alumni Webinar: Creating Sustainable U.S. - East Africa Partnerships for Disability Inclusion
Thursday, May 27, 2021
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. ET
Location: Zoom Meeting
AUCD, ICI-UMass Boston, and Humanity & Inclusion (HI) invite you to join a Professional Fellows alumni webinar on how university centers, DPOs, and other disability rights groups in the United States and East Africa can create independent, sustainable partnerships that promote inclusive employment and education in lasting ways.
By interacting with a panel of U.S. and Professional Fellows alumni, attendees will learn:
- How UCEDD and LEND can connect with universities in East Africa to exchange inclusive practices and boost their international profile.
- How to create professional development opportunities and low-cost trainings that let LEND trainees and staff engage internationally during the pandemic.
- How to exchange knowledge on transition, inclusive education, and inclusive employment with teachers and service providers in developing countries remotely.
- Dr. Martin Blair, Executive Director, University of Montana Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities
- Dr. Margo Izzo, Transition Services Director, The Ohio State University Nisonger Center
- Dr. Macdonald Metzger, Director of Outreach, Education, and Interdisciplinary Training, University of Minnesota Institute on Community Integration
- Elizabeth Shiakamiri, Innovation to inclusion (i2i) Programme Manager, Leonard Cheshire, Nairobi, Kenya
- Bijal Lal, Founder and Special Educator, Tujumuishe Tanzania, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania