Consumer Advisory Committee
CAC and UCEDDs
- UCEDD Program Operations and Practices Checklist for the CAC (PDF) to assist with program compliance.
- CAC Orientation Curriculum: Customizable introductory curriculum for CAC members, with instructor’s manual, available in English, Español mexicano, and Español puertorriqueño. Note that the curriculum includes references to COCA which has since been re-named COLA, AUCD’s Council on Leadership and Advocacy.
- Enhancing the Effectiveness of Consumer Advisory Committees (CACs)sharing innovative CAC practices and strategies
- CACs: Recommendations for Meaningful Participation of Individuals with Disabilities and Families (PDF)a participatory action research report including examples, case studies, best practices and recommendations for participation
- Including People with the Most Significant Disabilities (PDF) How UCEDDs can better include people with the most significant disabilities in UCEDD activities, and accompanying webinar
- Involvement of People with Developmental Disabilities in the Operation of UCEDD Programs: a webinar sharing the experiences of people with disabilities regarding their work in a UCEDD
Inclusion in Resesarch
- Getting Involved in Research and Training: A Guide for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (PDF) explains to people with disabilities how they can participate in research and training projects also on the website of the National Gateway to Self-Determination.
- Engaging people with disabilities as co-applicants on funding proposals (PDF) Approach requiring co-applicants who have the lived experience of the population the research is intended to serve.
- UCEDD Self-Determination Self-Assessment Checklist Tool and process to evaluate UCEDD policies, practices, and personnel promoting self-determination for people with I/DD and their families.
- Grant Writing and Grant Management Toolkit For Self-Advocates to assist self-advocacy organizations apply for grant.
- Accessibility Toolkit For Funders Who Support Self-Advocacy Organizations to help funders who are interested in funding self-advocates and self-advocacy organizations
- Self-Advocacy Online provides links to self-advocacy groups, includes stories from self-advocates and provides self-advocacy news and resources.
- Research to Practice in Self-determination series describes key issues in the DD field to promote self-determination.
National Self Advocacy Organizations
Consumer Advisory Committee
and other Inclusive Practice
AUCD has undertaken activities related to including people with disabilities in UCEDD operations, activities, information gathering, and setting the direction of the UCEDD. On this page you will find resources related to the consumer advisory committee (CAC), UCEDD needs assessment and other information gathering, and information for people with disabilities to use when becoming involved in research and training.