2022 Disability Policy Seminar Orientation & Policy Education 101
Wednesday, March 23, 2022
2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET
This webinar will prepare participants to attend the 2022 Disability Policy Seminar. AUCD’s policy team will review the basics of how the federal government operates, provide tips for meeting with policymakers, and how to frame policy priorities for effective impact. Participants will learn how to connect their experience and expertise to policy.
MCH Leadership Competencies Addressed (Policy). MCH leaders will demonstrate a working knowledge of:
- Public policy-making processes at local, state, and national levels
- Appropriate methods for informing and educating policymakers about the needs of MCH populations and the impact of current policies on the populations
- Current public policies and private-sector initiatives that are especially relevant to MCH populations
- Strategies for public communication on key MCH priorities
Presented by AUCD's Policy and Interdisciplinary Technical Assistance Center (ITAC) on Autism and Developmental Disabilities Teams
- There is no cost for this webinar.
- CEUs are not offered for this webinar.
- This webinar will be held on the Zoom Platform. You can test your connection with Zoom before joining the meeting here.
- CART and ASL interpretation will be provided for this event. For additional accommodations, please email [email protected].
- This webinar will be archived.