Trainee Liaisons (TLs) are trainees at LENDs, DBPS, UCEDDs, and IDDRCs who volunteer to engage in information sharing and dialogue on trainee-related matters between their Program/Center, trainees at other AUCD member sites, and the AUCD national office. TLs provide the AUCD Emerging Leaders Interns and staff with direct access to trainee opinions, as well as guidance on how to improve communication strategies and engagement; they also share ideas about how to help trainees connect with the AUCD network. They are selected by their home Program/Center on an annual basis and play a vital role in building the “community” aspect of the Emerging Leaders Community.
TLs benefit from their experience by:
· Developing their leadership and communication skills
· Forming relationships with diverse AUCD Trainees from across the country
· Learning how a national organization communicates with its members and other partners
Responsibilities and Time Commitment
The primary responsibilities of a TL include:
· Participating in a one-hour monthly call to share ideas and feedback with the Emerging Leaders Interns and AUCD national office staff
· Share information from your Program/Center with the Emerging Leaders Interns to be posted on AUCD's social media and other web-based platforms
· Submit an AUCD360 article regarding activities happening at your Program/Center
· Attend at least one AUCD webinar during the year and encouraging (via e-mail, social media, or other means) trainees from your Center/Program to participate when topics of interest are being covered
· Learn more about the Trainee Liaison Position: Trainee Liaison Modules
It is expected TLs will commit 2-3 hours per month to this role, including the monthly call.
· Be a current AUCD Trainee
· Get support from Center/Program Director or Training Director