Council on Technology and Innovation In Interdisciplinary Service (CTIIS)
New on the CTIIS Web Pages
Register by October 10th and be entered to win a free conference main registration fee! Two winners will be randomly drawn and notified on October 11th. Reserve your space today for the highly anticipated AUCD Conference.
Application Deadline: October 3
AUCD is pleased to announce the availability of 16 travel scholarships of up to $500 each AND 4 volunteer scholarships of up to $500 each to support AUCD Trainees in attending the 2014 AUCD Conference.
AUCD Conference Proposal Notifications
Everyone who submitted a proposal to present at AUCD 2014 Conference has been sent a notification. If you have not received yours, please contact Laura Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately. Any modifications to the proposals are due 09/26.
The AUCD Board of Directors has established a number of Councils and Committees that are made up of experts in the field to help the Board address emerging trends and issues, and to facilitate communication across and beyond the AUCD network.
The mission of the CTIIS is to identify the mutual needs and issues of UCEDDs, LENDs and IDDRCs providing services and promote collaborative actions across the network in order to improve the quality and effectiveness of Service delivery. Services may include a variety of direct Services, supports, and assistance for individuals with disabilities and/or other related disorders or special health care needs and their families. Services may be provided by professionals, paraprofessionals, direct care workers, students, or other personnel. Included in the category of Services are both direct clinical Services and community-based client consults/contacts.
The mission of the Council on Technology and Innovation in Interdisciplinary Service is to:
- Identify the mutual needs, issues and effective use of technology and innovative practices in UCEDDs, LENDs and IDDRCs providing services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Promote collaborative actions across the network in order to improve the quality and effectiveness of service delivery through the use of technology and innovative practices.
Within the AUCD network interdisciplinary services may include a variety of direct services, supports, and assistance for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Services provided through the network can be provided by professionals, paraprofessionals, direct support professionals, students, or other personnel in a wide variety of settings and related to various topics. These services could be related to a wide array of areas, such as early intervention, education, childcare, health, employment, housing, community living, social inclusion, self-determination, self-advocacy, transportation, recreation, independence and other areas. Included in the category of Services are both direct clinical Services and community-based intervention.
Goals of the CTIIS are to:
- Serve as an assembly and forum that provides for the identification and discussion of issues pertaining to the use of technology and innovative practices in service delivery.
- Function as a representative voice for service providers, and disciplines seeking to improve Services and Service delivery systems, within the AUCD network through the use of technology and innovative practices.
- Share resources and exemplary service programs and innovative practices related to the use of technology developed and used by UCEDDs, LENDs and IDDRCs across the nation.
- Influence service development by identifying best-practice and/or research/evidence based practices.
The CTIIS's composition shall be as follows:
- The Council on Technology and Innovation In Service shall be composed of representatives from each AUCD member program in good standing. CTIIS members are designated by that Center Director and people who best represent the overall interests of that Center related to technology and innovation in services.
2. The delegate will be a member of the CTIIS for as long as they are the designated as such by their Center Director