2017 Pre-EHDI LEND Workshop
2017 Homework Assignment.pdf (134KB) [download]
2:00pm - 4:00pm
Location: Hyatt Regency Hotel (Atlanta, Ga.)
This workshop will introduce trainees to the various challenges associated with assessing, monitoring, and effectively serving deaf / hard of hearing children who have additional disabilities from a systems perspective. It is a unique, interactive learning opportunity that brings together trainees and faculty from across the country.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is intended for LEND Pediatric Audiology trainees who are attending the 2017 Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Meeting. LEND Audiology faculty (and any additional program faculty) are encouraged to register and will be expected to facilitate small group discussions and activities.
- Trainees will gain and have an opportunity to apply new knowledge about how deaf / hard of hearing children and their families access and benefit from Early Intervention (EI) and related services.
- Trainees will learn about and discuss the importance of stakeholder collaboration and coordination in achieving optimal outcomes for deaf / hard of hearing children who have additional disabilities.
- Trainees will be prompted to consider how changes to health care delivery systems impact EHDI efforts and what they can do to advocate for effective policies.
Confirmed Guest Participants
- Michelle Koplitz, MPH (Project Officer, U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration)
- Karl White, PhD (Director, National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management)
The workshop will take place from 2:00pm to 4:00pm on Sunday, February 26, at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta (room TBD) in Atlanta, GA, site of the EHDI annual meeting.
Before the workshop, trainees will be expected to, either in teams or individually, to interview a local Early Intervention (EI) provider. All instructions for this assignment, including sample questions, are attached to this page and a finalized agenda will be e-mailed to registered participants in advance. Please contact Ben Kaufman at AUCD with questions.
There is no registration fee for this workshop.
Deadline to register: Tuesday, February 21 at 11:59pm ET
EHDI Conference Registration
Individuals planning to attend any portion of the EHDI meeting must register separately for that event at their own expense here.