2019 pre-EHDI LEND Workshop
Sunday, March 3, 2019
2:00pm - 5:00pm
Location: Hyatt Regency O'Hare (Chicago, IL), Intl D/E
This workshop will introduce trainees to the various challenges associated with assessing, monitoring, and effectively serving deaf/hard of hearing children who have additional disabilities form a systems perspective. It is a unique, interactive learning opportunity that brings together trainees and faculty from across the country. This workshop will focus on strategies for facilitating early diagnosis and reducing loss to follow up.
There is no fee to register.
Registration deadline: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 11:59pm ET.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is intended for LEND Pediatric Audiology trainees who are planning to attend the 2019 Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Meeting. LEND Audiology faculty (and any additional program faculty) are encouraged to register and will be expected to facilitate small group discussion and activities.
- Describe the role of audiologists in supporting families' ability to access timely diagnostic services
- DIscuss the importance for a child and family of making a referral to early intervention immediately after making a diagnosis of hearing loss
- List practical strategies and successful approaches to improve (reduce) loss to follow up rates in various states
- Identify multiple stakeholders' perspectives and roles involved in ensuring that infants receive timely diangosis and reducing loss to follow-up rates, including family perspectives
The workshop will take place from 2:00pm to 5:00pm on Sunday, March 3, at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Chicago, IL, site of the EHDI annual meeting.
Homework Assignment and Materials
Prior to the workshop, trainees will be asked to do three things:
- Read three articles (attached to the right)
- Schedule a brief in-person or virtual interview (instructions attached to the right)
- Look at the CDC EHDI website to look up the data on 1-3-6 outcomes in their state
If there are any questions, please contact Christine Liao.
EHDI Conference Registration
Individuals planning to attend any portion of the EHDI meeting must register separately for that event at their own expense. Visit the EHDI Meeting website for more information.