What is NIRS?
NIRS (National Information Reporting System) is the national web-based data reporting and retrieval system for the AUCD Network. NIRS enables network members to manage data on their training programs, projects, activities, and products, and helps them comply with Federal reporting requirements. The data gathered in NIRS also enables AUCD to develop composite snapshots of the UCEDD, LEND, and DBP programs, provide information on network efforts in topical areas of interest to a wide range of audiences including funding agencies, policy makers, service providers, and more.
NIRS Technical Assistance Support
AUCD provides the following help-desk-style support to network members using NIRS:
- Email or phone support from [email protected]. New data coordinators are especially encouraged to contact the Data Support Manager for an orientation to NIRS.
- Data Coordinators Listserv for information-sharing and updates to all data coordinators across the network; join the listserv here.
- Quarterly virtual meetings for network data coordinators to discuss updates, share lessons learned, and problem-solve needs. Information about quarterly meetings is shared on the listerv. Meeting schedule and archived discussions are available online.
- Annual in-person meetings for network data coordinators at the AUCD conference.
- Online learning modules for data coordinators to learn or refresh knowledge about using the online database.
- A publicly-available search function to identify relevant projects and products across the network.
- A wide range of resources on NIRS including federal guidance documents and a number of technical assistance materials.
NIRS Bootcamp for MCHB Training Programs
ITAC hosted a NIRS Bootcamp for MCHB training programs in January and February of 2023. The resources and recordings are available here.