Occupational Therapist - Center on Disability and Community Inclusion, University of Vermont

Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2020

Occupational Therapist

The Center on Disability and Community Inclusion is seeking a licensed Occupational Therapist to provide statewide training, technical assistance, and resource sharing to support children birth to 22 years with intensive and complex medical and special education needs. This position will join three unique project teams at the Center:

·         The Vermont Interdisciplinary Team (I-Team) assists local teams of families, educators, and other service providers in the delivery of quality educational services to students (3-22 years) with intensive special education needs through technical assistance, professional development, training, support for systems change, and family support. This position will serve the Northern region of the state.

·         Continence Project provides consultation, training, and resources to help remove the barriers to full inclusion created by chronic incontinence.

·         Training and Resources for Interdisciplinary Professionals Serving Children and Youth (TRIPSCY) provides professional development to interdisciplinary, early intervention, and related services personnel through workshops, trainings, and membership support.

This is a 10-month, yearly position running from September through July. This position will require travel around the state. 40% of the position will occur predominantly in the Northern region of the state and the remaining 60% will take place around Vermont.

Minimum Qualifications

·         Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy and VT state licensure (or be eligible to have VT state licensure) as an Occupational Therapist with a minimum of three years experience providing direct or consultative services to children, birth to 22, with intensive and complex medical and special education needs, and knowledge of best practices for supporting Continence in learners birth-22.

·         Effective communication.

·         Ability to produce professional quality work, demonstrated presentation skills, and interpersonal teamwork skills.

·         Ability and willingness to travel between school-based field locations.

CDCI is especially interested in candidates who have:

·         Knowledge of Assistive Technology service provision and collaborative decision-making.

·         Knowledge of person-centered planning and/or student-centered supports.

·         Knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion, including experience with historically underserved schools, communities, students, and families.

The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any category legally protected by federal or state law.

For the full job description and to apply online, visit uvmjobs.com (posting number S2488PO).

If you have questions or to request accommodations to apply or interview for the position please call (802) 656-3150 or e-mail: [email protected].