Now Archived: Strategies for Writing Manuscript for Peer Review
Monday, October 31, 2022
4:00pm ET - 5:00pm ET
The AUCD Council on Research and Evaluation (CORE), in collaboration with the UCEDD Resource Center (URC), presents the CORE Quarterly Seminar Series. This first writing workshop will offer strategies for writing peer-reviewed journal manuscripts. The workshop will cover topics such as journal selection, manuscript outlines, intention and content of sections, communication with co-authors, response to peer reviews and academic writing techniques. The workshop is directed at undergraduate upperclassmen, graduate students, trainees, postdocs, staff and junior faculty with limited manuscript writing experience.
Dr. Vanessa Hiratsuka
Dr. Vanessa Hiratsuka (Diné/Winnemem Wintu; she/her) is an assistant professor of clinical and translational research, co-director of research and evaluation and LEND evaluator at the University of Alaska Anchorage’s Center for Human Development. She is also the vice-chair of the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) Council on Research and Evaluation (CORE) and a steering committee member for the AUCD’s Indigenous Engagement workgroup. Her research interests include ethical, social, and legal implications of genomic research and precision medicine among Indigenous populations; evaluation of health interventions in public schools; cultural adaptation of chronic disease and behavioral health interventions; and community-engaged evaluation of health and training programs serving individuals experiencing intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- CART captioning will be provided. For additional disability accommodations please email Elizabeth Schnieder at [email protected] two weeks prior to the event with name of event and accommodation preference in your response.
- There is no cost for this webinar.
- CEUs are not offered for this webinar.
- This webinar will be held on the Zoom Platform. You can test your connection with Zoom before joining the meeting here.
- This webinar will be archived available on the AUCD Webinar Library.
This event is provided in partial fulfillment of contract tasks under UCEDD Resource Center: A project of AUCD, in partnership with ACL, to strengthen and support the network of UCEDDs. The contents do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of ACL.
Strategies for Writing a Manuscript for Peer Review.pdf (1,311KB) DOWNLOAD