Incorporating the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) Action Plan into the UCEDD 5-Year Plan
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
3:00 - 4:30 pm ET
Location: Zoom Meeting
The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) Action Plan calls for UCEDDs to work with their Consumer Advisory Committees (CACs) to incorporate specific goals, objectives, and actions steps to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion into their five-year plans. In this virtual workshop, UCEDD leaders and staff will explore how to effectively accomplish this priority within and across the UCEDD core functions.
Following an introduction from facilitator, Daniel Crimmins, participants will move into breakout rooms for discussion and activity related to components of the five-year plan. Participants will leave with strategies and ideas to strengthen their five-year plans in their equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives.
Daniel Crimmins, PhD, retired from his position as Director of the Center for Leadership in Disability (CLD) and Clinical Professor of Public Health at Georgia State University on June 1st of this year. Dr. Crimmins served as the CLD's founding director since 2008 and has been active in the UCEDD network since 1985. He proudly leaves a legacy at CLD of developing the next generation of leaders for Georgia and the nation; promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion of people with disabilities from all backgrounds; and working diligently for systems and society to adopt practices that enrich the lives of the people we serve.
- This webinar will have CART live-captioning. For additional disability accommodations please email Jennifer Tuell at [email protected].
- There is no cost for this webinar.
- CEUs are not offered for this webinar.
- This webinar will be held on the Zoom Platform. You can test your connection with Zoom before joining the meeting here.
- This webinar will be archived and available on the AUCD Webinar Library.