2019 AUCD Policy Forum
Sunday, April 7, 2019
Location: Washington, D.C.
REGISTRATION CLOSES 4/2
On Sunday evening immediately before the Disability Policy Seminar, AUCD is hosting a special Policy Forum for Emerging Leaders in a disability space. Attendees will have exclusive access to Hill staffers and former trainees now working in policy, and learn from the experts how to best craft your message for Wednesday's Hill visits. An evening reception will provide a comfortable background for Emerging Leaders to meet and network with over 200 peers from around the country in a disability space.
For Whom: This event is primarily for AUCD Emerging Leaders, trainees, faculty, and invited guests.
Where: Renaissance Washington DC Downtown Hotel, Washington, DC. Room in Grand Ballroom North / Central.
When: Sunday, April 7, 2019: 2:30-7:30pm ET
Cost: $0 for AUCD members and Think College Policy Advocates; $75 for non-AUCD members
Agenda: An agenda is posted to the right.
- Watch the video below to learn more about the Seminar
- Read this "Quick Start Guide to Educating Policy Makers"
- Read "Education and Advocacy: Know the Difference"
- Fill out a survey to let us know who you will be visiting on the Hill.
- We hosted a pre-DPS webinar for AUCD trainees and faculty to be better informed abou tthe event and issues. We shared handouts on how to schedule and make the most of your Hill visit. View the archived webinar.
- Participate in a post-DPS webinar to be better informed on how to follow up with your policymakers on April 25 at 3:00pm ET. Register here for the post-webinar.
AUCD Policy Forum Registration: so we can have an accurate head count, all attendees (trainees, training directors, faculty, speakers, PCAs) are asked to please register for this free event.
Note: you must register separately to attend the Disability Policy Seminar.
- Contact Christine Liao if you have questions related to registration and/or logistical information.
- Contact Rylin Rodgers if you have questions related to disability policy and related topics.
Wondering if DPS is right for you? Watch this short video to learn more!