2023 Disability Policy Seminar Orientation and Policy Education 101 Workshop: Preparing to Educate Policymakers in DC and at Home
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
This workshop will help trainees learn how to educate policymakers in DC and at home. It will also teach trainees how to connect their experience and expertise to policy. Finally, the workshop will help prepare trainees for the virtual 2023 Disability Policy Seminar on Monday, April 24th, and the fly-in hill day on Thursday, April 27th.
AUCD’s Policy Team and Invited Guests will review:
- will review the basics of how the federal government works;
- provide tips for meeting with and educating policymakers; and
- how to frame policy priorities for effective impact.
For Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Leaders, the workshop will also address Policy, one of the 12 Maternal and Child Health Leadership Competencies.
For questions, please email [email protected].
- There is no cost for this webinar.
- CEUs are not available for this webinar.
- This webinar will be held on the Zoom Platform. You can test your Zoom connection before the scheduled time by visiting this test webpage.
- CART and ASL interpretation will be provided.
Presented by AUCD's Policy and Interdisciplinary Technical Assistance Center (ITAC) on Autism and Developmental Disabilities Teams