24th Annual Chronic Illness and Disability Conference: Transition from Pediatric to Adult-Based Care
Thursday, October 26, 2023- Friday, October 27, 2023
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM CT
Location: Houston, TX
Physicians in internal medicine, family practice, pediatrics, psychiatry, and physiatry; other healthcare providers, including psychologists, social workers, nurses, dietitians, case managers, counselors, and primary care providers; and youth and young adults who have a chronic illness or disability and their parents or guardians.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Identify strategies for setting up and evaluating a transition program, as well as describe models of care for transitioning youth with a variety of chronic illnesses and disabilities
- Identifying strategies for helping caregivers cope with the stress of caring for and then planning for the transition to adult-based care for their adolescents and young adults with special healthcare needs (AYASHCN).
- List the interdisciplinary aspects of care, such as formal planning for health care transition (HCT) for families of AYASHCN, performed by many members of the provider team, especially nurses.
- Explain the legal issues associated with the transition from pediatric to adult-based care.
Lectures ▪ Breakout Sessions ▪ Question and Answer Sessions
- Physician: $385
- Physician Assistant: $250
- Nurse: $250
- Social Worker: $250
- OT/PT: $250
- Other Healthcare Professional: $250
- Youth: $135
- Family Member/Caregiver: $135
- Fellow/Resident/Student: $55
AUCD Network Registration Discounts
In partnership with Baylor College of Medicine, AUCD is happy to offer all network members with discounts on registration for the October 26-27 virtual conference. Please contact the ITAC Team at [email protected] for questions about the conference.
- Physicians are discounted from $385 to $335. Please use coupon code: 1802AUCDP
- PAs, Nurses, Social Workers, OT/PT, Ph.D., and Other Healthcare Professionals are discounted from $250 to $200. Please use coupon code: 1802AUCD50