LEND Rural workgroup (LRW)
The LEND Rural Workgroup is open to LEND leadership, faculty, and trainees.
History: LEND Rural Workgroup is a new group started in March 2022. This group focuses on developing rural-specific strategies for improving access to care and resources.
Purpose: The Rural Workgroup aims to serve as a forum for LEND leadership, faculty, and trainees to share and develop rural-specific strategies related to
· Increasing access to evidence-based direct clinical care for ASD/DD,
· Leveraging information technology for direct care, training, and continuing education,
· Developing curriculum materials focused on cultural competence in working with rural populations,
· Increasing the workforce of providers with training in ASD/DD in rural and underserved areas, and
· Leadership and advocacy across a wide range of community sectors. This workgroup meets monthly.
Meetings: The LEND Rural Workgroup meets quarterly on the first Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM ET
FOR THOSE WITH ACCESS:
Please email Rachel Miller, Program Specialist in MCH Technical Assistance, at [email protected]