Welcome to the National NDD Core Curriculum Resources
These topic collections were created as a resource for LEND and other AUCD entities as they develop curricula for their trainees. Originally a project of the Vanderbilt Consortium LEND in 2016 and housed at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Resources moved to AUCD in 2020 in part to extend their reach across the network.
Written and maintained by LEND content experts from across the country, these topics contain vetted links to articles, websites, guidelines, videos, webinars, and other resources on 33 topics, including Autism, Early Identification, Difficult Discussions, Ethics, Genetics, Faith-Based Perspectives on NDD, The Medical Home, and Siblings of People with NDD. Also included are assignments that can be used as-written or modified to fit your program. Examples of assignments include multiple-choice questions over selected reading material, book/movie discussions, small-group discussion activities, small research projects, and reflective essays.
The topics have many possible uses in your program, including but not limited to:
- As a starting point for new training directors or faculty assigned to create new curriculum
- To help create or supplement a curriculum
- To fill gaps in a curriculum
- For information on specific disabilities
- To flip the classroom
- To update references already in your curriculum
- To help community partners prepare presentations for trainees
- As a resource for former trainees now in leadership positions
- Reviewing the topics annually to ensure existing content reflects the most current evidence base
- Ongoing assessment of the value of recommended resources, assignments, readings, etc. within LEND and other relevant training contexts
- Building awareness of the NDD Core Curriculum Resources among training programs and other network entities
- Seeking out and purposefully including diverse perspectives represented across multiple relevant variables
To learn more about the Editorial Board and Apply for the 2023-2025 open positions, click here.
The NDD Core Curriculum Resources are password protected, and you must receive an invitation to view the SharePoint site. Currently, you must be faculty or staff of an Autism CARES Act grantee to access these resources. For now, if you are faculty or staff of an Autism CARES Act, please contact Mollie Blafer at [email protected] .
Have an idea for an additional topic? Notice that information in one or more of the topics needs to be updated? More information on how to submit these requests can be found on the landing page within SharePoint.
FOR THOSE WITH ACCESS:
Visit the National NDD Core Curriculum Resources at the SharePoint Portal:
The NDD Curriculum Resources are password protected, and you must receive an invitation to view the SharePoint site. Currently, you must be faculty or staff of an Autism CARES Act or DD Act grantee to access these resources. For now, if you are faculty or staff of an Autism CARES Act or DD Act grantee, please contact Mollie Blafer at [email protected].
Access this manual for instructions on how to login and other useful information about the SharePoint site.
National NDD Core Curriculum Resources SharePoint Portal User Manual (871KB)[download]