The UCEDD Resource Center (URC) web site provides University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDDs) with up to date information that will support the implementation of the AIDD core grant.
The DD Act authorizes the use of funds to provide technical assistance to strengthen and support the National Network of UCEDDs. Specifically, the DD Act states that TA shall:
- Assist in national and international dissemination of specific information from multiple Centers and, in appropriate cases, other entities whose work affects the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities;
- Compile, analyze, and disseminate state-of-the-art training, research, and demonstration results policies, and practices from multiple Centers and, in appropriate cases, other entities whose work affects the lives of persons with developmental disabilities;
- Convene experts from multiple Centers to discuss and make recommendations with regard to national emerging needs of individuals with developmental disabilities;
- Develop portals that link users with every Center's website;
- Facilitate electronic information sharing using state-of- the-art Internet technologies such as real-time online discussions, multipoint video conferencing, and web-based audio/video broadcasts, on emerging topics that impact individuals with disabilities and their families;
- Serve as a research-based resource for Federal and State policymakers on information concerning and issues impacting individuals with developmental disabilities and entities that assist or serve those individuals; or
- Undertake any other functions that the Secretary determines to be appropriate; to promote the viability and use of the resources and expertise of the Centers nationally and internationally.
This web site is supported through AIDD's contract with AUCD to provide technical assistance to the national network of UCEDDs.
Tip Sheets are intended to provide guidance and share peer practices of specific aspects of UCEDD operations, grant management, and core grant application development. Tip sheets clarify requirements outlined in the DD Act, related federal regulations, and/or AIDD's Quality Review System processes as appropriate; and also share experiences and recommendations from network peers.
Monday, September, 12, 2016, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET
One commonality centers share is funding; centers all have their core funding and are required to leverage funds. The question is, how do you allocate those funds and maximize relationships with funders to effectively support your center's infrastructure, activities, and development? This discussion forum on "Maximizing Return on Indirects and Other University Support," will provide an opportunity for UCEDD Directors and business managers to engage in open dialogue to inform and support their efforts at their respective UCEDDs.