Allies in Self-advocacy Listserve
This is a open for discussion list hosted by AUCD. To join this list, individuals must have an interest in the topic of self-advocacy. Subscription requests and postings will be moderated by AUCD staff.
ListManager will send a "confirmation request". The confirmation request message will be sent to the email address that was submitted to the subscription form. You must receive this confirmation request message, and reply to it, in order for the membership to be activated.
Communicating with other list members can happen in two ways.
- Via Website
- Members can access the list webpage here with their random-generated password to: view archived messages, create new messages, reply to existing messages, and change user settings.
- Enter your email address
- Enter something (123, abcd, anything you choose) in the password box. You'll be taken to a screen saying "incorrect password". Choose the "email password" button to get your password sent to you or reset your password. Once you have received the password reminder, visit the site and login again.
- After successfully logging in, chose your list from the list. You can now navigate using the left side menu.
- Via Email
- Members can also communicate via the list using email by replying to an existing message or sending a new message to the list's email address.
Members wishing to leave the list should use the form below to unsubscribe from this list. Members of multiple AUCD lists should note that unsubscribing from this list does not affect your other list memberships.
List Etiquette | The agreements of the listserv
- DO remember this listserv is open to A LOT of different people who were at the summits or just interested in being part of the conversation. Everyone on this listserv supports self advocacy and people in their own way. DO NOT be rude or disrespectful or offensive to someone or an organization.
- DO send personal comments or responses to individuals rather than the entire list, if you want to continue a conversation just with them. Remember not to be rude, disrespectful or offensive to someone or you will be removed from the listserv.
- DO read your email or ask for help before sending the message to everyone…remember the list is public and we want to respect people’s feelings.
- DO email either Liz Weintraub (lweintraub@AUCD.ORG) or Ian Watlington if you get an email back saying an email can’t go through rather sending the email again. It will just fill people’s email boxes up, as the administrators; we might be able to help you.
- DO limit the conversation on the list serve to share resources and communicate regarding self advocacy. Everyone is quite busy and doesn’t have time to read emails that might not relate to the topic.
- DO use names when identify yourself, rather than just your email address. Everyone might not know your email address.
- DO make sure the email helps everyone to learn and grow in the self-advocacy movement.
- DO add a subject line to your comment—if there’s nothing in the subject line people might consider your comment as a spam message and put it in the trash.
- DO send a private email if you want to communicate to someone or a group of people about some other topic, or concern
- DO email either Liz Weintraub (lweintraub@AUCD.ORG) or Ian Watlington if you get an email back saying an email can’t go through rather sending the email again. It will just fill people’s email boxes up. As the administrators, we might be able to help you.
- DO NOT use complicated words or acronyms, because everyone should be able to follow the conversation
- Do NOT challenge anyone in their comment or thought. Everyone has a right to say what they want to. If you want to ask why they said what they did, you might want to phase that in a question, such as; can you explain why you said that? Or can you help me understand what you were thinking?
- DO NOT to send such long messages. A lot of people don’t like to read long messages…get to the point!
- DO NOT post anything that you do not want to share with everyone. This is a public listserv. Everyone will see your posting.
- If you DO NOT want to be part of the listserv anymore, then send an email to either Liz (lweintraub@AUCD.ORG) or Ian.
Access the List's Web Interface
Only subscribed members of this list can access the web interface to read archives, post messages, and change their personal list settings. It is recommended that members bookmark this site.
- Log in
- Chose the appropriate list
- You can now navigate using the left side menu to read archived messages, create and send your own message, or change your settings
- Log out when done, or select "my forums" to access another AUCD list of which you are a member
Subscribe to the Allies in Self-Advocacy Listserve
Unsubscribe from the Allies in Self-Advocacy Listserve