AUCD 360 Subscription
AUCD 360 is a monthy newsletter that highlights the news, initiatives, and events occuring throughout the AUCD Network and the disability community. It also includes news from the AUCD National Office, including a regular message from the president of AUCD, funding opportunities, and employment opportunities.
After completing the form below, your request will be sent to the list moderator, who will be able to confirm your subscription. This step helps to ensure the list remains spam-free.
Communicating with other list members can happen in two ways.
- Members can access the list webpage here with their random-generated password to: view archived messages, create new messages, reply to existing messages, and change user settings.
- Enter your email address
- Enter something (123, abcd, anything you choose) in the password box. You'll be taken to a screen saying "incorrect password". Choose the "email password" button to get your password sent to you or reset your password. Once you have received the password reminder, visit the site and login again.
- After successfully logging in, chose your list from the list. You can now navigate using the left side menu.
Members can also communicate via the list using email by replying to an existing message or sending a new message to the list's email address.
Members wishing to leave the list should use the form below to unsubscribe from this list. Members of multiple AUCD lists should note that unsubscribing from this list does not affect your other list memberships.
List members are asked to read and adhere to the following guidelines for list etiquette. Abusers of this list will have their email address removed and be blocked from the list.
You are Replying to Everyone
When you reply to a message, note that you are replying to the entire list, not to the individual who is sending the message.
Keep Your Posts Trimmed
When replying to a post, quote only what's absolutely necessary to help readers understand your response. Delete the rest. If sharing an article, post a brief excerpt, then provide the URL where those interested may view the rest. On ALL replies, eliminate automatically generated footers (Yahoo, MSN mail, privacy statements, and others) from the quoted previous post. In addition, please trim email system headers and extra signature lines.
Use an ALL CAPS Header
Each post to the list should contain an all-caps header in the subject line. Using a CAPITALIZED HEADER makes it easier for members to scan and read or delete posts, as they prefer. Examples are:
- QUESTION or Q (for posting questions or answers),
- ISO (In Search Of),
- SUMMARY (to summarize answers which have been posted to a question),
Example: [MCC] ISO: Your best cultural competency resources
No Email Attachments
Instead, provide the data as text in your post, offer to provide the data to those who request it, or put it up on the web. Not everyone has the ability to read attachments or wishes to download them.
Be respectful in your responses to others. We come from diverse backgrounds and theoretical orientations. Some of our richest learning experiences can come from lively debate over relevant topics. Post differing opinions, but refrain from negative language or "flaming".
Keep it Professional
Take personal interactions off the listserve. It is certainly ok to maintain conversations regarding training, personal development, and other areas of support on the list, but when writing a post such as "Hi Janet! Haven't seen you since we left grad school. How's your dad?" it is best to send this directly to the person's email address rather than to post it to the entire list. Signature lines should include the sender's email for this reason.
Subscribe to the AUCD 360
Members Only: Access the List's Web Interface
Only subscribed members of this list can access the web interface to read archives, post messages, and change their personal list settings. It is recommended that members bookmark this site.
- Log in
- Chose "aucd_newsletter" from the list
- You can now navigate using the left-hand menu to read archived messages, create and send your own message, or change your settings
- Log out when done, or select "my forums" to access another AUCD list of which you are a member