AUCD Early Intervention/Early Childhood Listserve
This is a members-only discussion list hosted by AUCD. To join this list, individuals must be a part of the AUCD network and have an interest in the topic of Early Intervention/Early Childhood. Subscription requests and postings will be moderated by AUCD staff.
As UCEDDs and LEND's we have a notable history of developing and implementing early intervention models, preparing early intervention personnel and providing technical assistance to early intervention programs at local, state and national levels. A major source of support for that work came from funding of model demonstration projects, personnel preparation, and inservice training from Office of Special Education Programs. Whenever meetings of these programs were convened, UCEDD's and LEND's were a large presence and that presence was interdisciplinary. At the fall 2008 AUCD meeting we had a mini reunion of some of the people who had been part of early intervention program development at a preconference workshop.
In follow-up to that discussion we thought it would make sense to see if there was interest within the network in reinstituting an early intervention/early childhood special interest group (EIECSIG). What this group would do is certainly open to negotiation and input of participants. At a minimum we would like to create a forum where we would articulate concerns and recommendations regarding the status of early intervention in our states and nationally. Given current technology we would convene by telephone or webinair. At this point we are interested in hearing from you as to your interest. Participation is open to all interested who are at UCEDD's and LEND's.
Possible activities include:
- A forum for discussion of issues experienced by people involved in delivering of early intervention services
- Presentation of program models
- Presentation of research projects on early intervention practices
- Development of presentations for AUCD annual meeting
The needs reflected at the conference workshop tended to be focused on the needs for an interdisciplinary forum for clinicians and personnel preparation folks but certainly other points of view, research, policy, etc. are welcome.
ListManager will send a "confirmation request". The confirmation request message will be sent to the email address that was submitted to the subscription form. You must receive this confirmation request message, and reply to it, in order for the membership to be activated.
Communicating with other list members can happen in two ways.
- Via Website
- Members can access the list webpage here with their random-generated password to: view archived messages, create new messages, reply to existing messages, and change user settings.
- Enter your email address
- Enter something (123, abcd, anything you choose) in the password box. You'll be taken to a screen saying "incorrect password". Choose the "email password" button to get your password sent to you or reset your password. Once you have received the password reminder, visit the site and login again.
- After successfully logging in, chose your list from the list. You can now navigate using the left side menu.
- Via Email
- Members can also communicate via the list using email by replying to an existing message or sending a new message to the list's email address.
Members wishing to leave the list should use the form below to unsubscribe from this list. Members of multiple AUCD lists should note that unsubscribing from this list does not affect your other list memberships.
List members are asked to read and adhere to the following guidelines for list etiquette. Abusers of this list will have their email address removed and be blocked from the list.
- You are Replying to Everyone
When you reply to a message, note that you are replying to the entire list, not to the individual who is sending the message.
- Keep Your Posts Trimmed
When replying to a post, quote only what's absolutely necessary to help readers understand your response. Delete the rest. If sharing an article, post a brief excerpt, then provide the URL where those interested may view the rest. On ALL replies, eliminate automatically generated footers (Yahoo, MSN mail, privacy statements, and others) from the quoted previous post. In addition, please trim email system headers and extra signature lines.
Use an ALL CAPS Header
Each post to the list should contain an all-caps header in the subject line. Using a CAPITALIZED HEADER makes it easier for members to scan and read or delete posts, as they prefer. Examples are:
- QUESTION or Q (for posting questions or answers),
- ISO (In Search Of),
- SUMMARY (to summarize answers which have been posted to a question),
Example: [MCC] ISO: Your best cultural competency resources
- No Email Attachments
Instead, provide the data as text in your post, offer to provide the data to those who request it, or put it up on the web. Not everyone has the ability to read attachments or wishes to download them.
- Be Respectful
Be respectful in your responses to others. We come from diverse backgrounds and theoretical orientations. Some of our richest learning experiences can come from lively debate over relevant topics. Post differing opinions, but refrain from negative language or "flaming".
- Keep it Professional
Take personal interactions off the listserve. It is certainly ok to maintain conversations regarding training, personal development, and other areas of support on the list, but when writing a post such as "Hi Janet! Haven't seen you since we left grad school. How's your dad?" it is best to send this directly to the person's email address rather than to post it to the entire list. Signature lines should include the sender's email for this reason.
Subscribe to the AUCD Early Intervention/Early Childhood Listserve
Unsubscribe from the AUCD Early Intervention/Early Childhood Listserve
Members Only: Access the List's Web Interface
Only subscribed members of this list can access the web interface to read archives, post messages, and change their personal list settings. It is recommended that members bookmark this site.
- Log in
- Chose the appropriate list
- You can now navigate using the left side menu to read archived messages, create and send your own message, or change your settings
- Log out when done, or select "my forums" to access another AUCD list of which you are a member