Autism Spectrum Disorder in Children who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing
January 14, 2014
Sunday, April 13, 2014 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Location: Hyatt Regency Jacksonville-Riverfront
Join us for this interactive workshop with a team based learning format to encourage active learning and case-based discussions. Participants will learn about issues and challenges surrounding hearing loss and autism spectrum disorder while learning about strategies currently used by LEND programs. At the workshop, participants will be placed in large and small group settings and will be encouraged to share personal examples while learning best practices used by other LEND programs.
· Participate in a team base learning format around the needs of families with children who are deaf/hard of hearing with ASD
· Apply key concepts in pediatric audiology using a family-centered approach to case examples of early detection and intervention
· Establish connections between and among LEND audiology students and faculty around early detection and pediatric audiology.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is intended for LEND faculty, LEND trainees and health care professionals who wish to improve early hearing screening, diagnosis, and intervention systems for children and their families.
This workshop will be located at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville-Riverfront in Jacksonville, Florida - the site of the 13th Annual Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Meeting (EHDI). A complimentary boxed lunch will be available to all those who register by March 31st.
All registered participants will receive a short list of pre-workshop reading materials. If you register for the workshop, but do not receive this list of pre-workshop documents by April 7th, please contact AUCD.
Comments from 2013 participants:
· "Very good session. Very informative and useful. A good way to impart knowledge and ensue participation in a thoughtful, non-judgmental way. Good knowledge for the future."
· "The team based learning activities were wonderful. It was great to have an in-depth discussion with multiple points of view."
· "We have been re-thinking and re-visiting our LEND training program and this will fit nicely with that process. I will definitely share this info with our home team."
· "This was an interesting exercise and a way to meet new people"
Contact Meaghan McHugh or (301) 588-8252