A New Year - A New Name! Community Education and Dissemination Council
January 10, 2014
|CEDC Chair Amy Sharp (TX) leads discussion at the AUCD 2013 Conference|
The National Community Education Directors' Council has changed its name to the Community Education and Dissemination Council (CEDC). The rationale for the name change was to
- remove the word 'Directors' from the name, illustrating the council is for any network member associated with community education and/or dissemination activities;
- include the core function of Dissemination in the name and mission; and
- make it shorter and easier to remember.
Please join the Community Education and Dissemination Council's (CEDC) listserve to stay informed about best practices as well as upcoming webinars.
About the CEDC
The Community Education and Dissemination Council was established to:
- Serve as a focus and forum for the identification and discussion of issues of community education and technical assistance
- Function as a representative voice of community education interests and concerns within the UCEDD network
- Influence the development and implementation of national community education policies and initiatives
- Share resources and exemplary community education programs developed and used by UCEDDs across the nation
The Council is composed of not more than two representatives from each AUCD member program who is either the Community Education and/or Dissemination Director/Coordinator or a designee who best represents the overall community education interests of that program.
The full Council meets once a year in conjunction with the AUCD meeting. The CEDC Steering Committee and the Council's other working Committees also meet in person once a year and at least three additional times during the year through conference calls.