Open Enrollment in Health Insurance Marketplaces Begins Today
October 1, 2013
Action Alert Open Enrollment Shutdown.pdf (313KB) [download]
AUCD Statement Open Enrollment and Shutdown.pdf (114KB) [download]
Begining today, anyone who wants to find better health insurance coverage can begin shoping and comparing plans on their states' Health Insurance Marketplace! The Marketplaces are a part of the Affordable Care Act that allow families and individuals to shop for and compare affordable, understandable, and comprehensive health insurance plans. Many people will be eligible for tax credits toward the purchase of private insurance. Others can visit the Marketplace to learn if they are eligible for Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program.
Want to learn more?
- Visit HealthCare.gov and enter your state to be connected directly to your state's Marketplace
- Visit AUCD's Health Reform Hub for resources on open enrollment and many other Affordable Care Act issues
- Read AUCD's special edition of Legislative News In Brief on ACA implementation resources
- Brush up on key ACA details for people with disabilities by watching AUCD's archived webinar
- Read AUCD's press release celebrating the first day of open enrollment and calling on Congress to pass a cotninuing resolution
- Follow AUCD's Rachel Patterson (@racheljpat) on Twitter tomorrow for updates and resources on the begining of open enrollment
- Tell your members of Congress that you support the Affordable Care Act; either thank them for their support or urge them to let the law stand and end the fiscal standoff.
(Image from hivhealthreform.org/)