Genetic Family History Module
May 26, 2008
The Genetic Family History Module was developed by Nora Alexander, a LEND genetic counseling trainee at the VA LEND, Partnership for People with Disabilities at Virginia Commonwealth University. It is the second in a three-part series of tools developed by the VA LEND under the AUCD LEND Genetics Grants.
This module is a learning tool for enhancing genetics education regarding the basic principles of genetics and family heath history. LEND programs are encouraged to consider incorporating the module to further incorporate genetic counseling into LEND training.
Questions or concerns regarding the Genetic Family History Module should be directed to Dr. Joann Bodurtha.
- Access the Genetic Family History Module here.
- Complete the course registration by creating an account on the left. There is no fee for the course and no CEU's are offered. All personal information will be kept confidential.
- Once logged in, click on "family history" and "register" (you will receive a registration confirmation via email for your records)
- Select "course reviewer" and "pay by access code" (There is no fee for participation in this module)
- Enter "Genetics" with a capital "G" for the access code. Choose "proceed to online course" and the Module will appear in a new window.