A Webinar from AUCD's Sexual Health Special Interest Group (SIG)
Presentation Slides (509KB) [download]
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
The purpose of the Sexual Health special interest group (SIG) is to connect people in the AUCD network to each other, and to resources about disability and sexuality. This webinar will introduce the Sexual Health SIG webpage, and highlight several resources from within the network, including: a resource collection (Wyoming UCEDD); and a library portal (Alaska UCEDD). We will also introduce two upcoming surveys: Sex Talk for Self-Advocates; and Sexual Health Projects in the UCEDD Network.
- Familiarity with the Sexual Health Special Interest Group purpose, resources, and goals.
Project Coordinator for the Sexual and Reproductive Health Project at the Wyoming Institute for Disabilities. Katie's interests include helping advance the sexual self-advocacy of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities through the implementation of the Friendships & Dating Program in the state of Wyoming.
Disability Studies Research and evaluation professional at the University of Alaska Anchorage, Center for Human Development. One of her favorite projects is the Disability Justice Initiative's, bringing together rape crisis centers, disability service agencies, independent living centers, tribal organizations, and behavioral health agencies around the state.
- There is NO cost for this webinar.
- CEUs are not offered for this webinar.
- For disability accommodations email Anna Costalas or call 301-588-8252 a minimum of five days in advance.
- This webinar will be archived.
- We recommend that at least a day before the webinar that participants confirm your workstation has all the correct plug-ins to connect to the web based portion of the upcoming call by visiting the test webpage.