Webinar Series Employment First: From Idea to Reality Success Stories: What is Possible in the World of Employment First?
What is Possible in the World of Employment First? Power Point Presentation (1,055KB) [download]
In order to view the webinar presentation, please click on the webinar icon below.|
3:30 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. ET
This five session series on Employment First will focus on key aspects of implementing Employment First in states, in localities, and with service providers. It is intended to assist people with disabilities, family members, providers, and policy makers as systems move to support competitive integrated employment opportunities for all individuals with disabilities. These 75 minute webinars will include a mix of people with disabilities, providers, policy makers, business representatives, and researchers sharing best practices and strategies about how to build and sustain an employment system for people with disabilities that ensures they can work in competitive integrated employment. For more background on Employment First, please listen to the first in this series introductory webinar recorded in December.
This second of five webinars will provide participants with three examples of Employment First practices from around the country. These rural, urban, and suburban examples will highlight programs that have helped people with a wide range of disabilities, from intellectual to mental health disabilities, from complex physical to sensory disabilities, to move from no work or limited work to competitive integrated employment. You will hear directly from service providers, researchers, policy makers, and people with disabilities.
- Amy Gonzalez, State Director of Employment & Day Services, Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Nashville, TN
- Stephanie Potter, Director of Community Employment Services for SRVS. , Memphis, TN
- Derek Nord, Associate Director, Research and Training Center on Community Living (NIDILRR), Institute on Community Integration, Minneapolis, MN
- Jon Alexander, CEO, Kaposia, South Saint Paul, MN
- Wally Tablit, Director of Community Employment Services, Northwest Center, South Seattle, WA