Inclusive Higher Education: Moving from Good Ideas to Great Outcomes
Schedule At A Glance (88KB) [download]
IHE Conference Program (5,043KB) [download]
Location: Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel
This event presents both general and concurrent sessions on a variety of topics related to higher education for students with intellectual disabilities. Click on the Schedule at a Glance to see session descriptions. A Networking Reception is planned for Saturday, 11/16 at the completion of the day's events–a chance to meet and greet conference attendees and presenters.
Saturday, November 16, 2013 9 am - 6:30 pm
- 16 concurrent sessions offering practical information and strategies from practitioners in the field on academic supports, employment strategies, partnering with funding agencies, working with families, and more.
- Opening plenary by Michael K.Yudin, Assistant Secretary, Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services, US Department of Education.
- Closing plenary on the future of higher education for students with intellectual disability, featuring Sharon Lewis, Commissioner, Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Madeleine Will, Collaboration to Promote Self-Determination, and Andy Imparato, Executive Director of AUCD. Facilitated by Olivia Raynor, director of the UCLA Tarjan Center.
- Networking Social immediately following the closing plenary where attendees will have the opportunity to meet and talk with each other and with session attendees.
- Screening of "Rethinking College" a film produced by Think College.
Sunday, November 17, 2013 9 am - 11:30 am
- Interactive, hands-on session focused on universal design for learning and mobile technology as they apply to supporting students with ID in college courses.
Materials from all conference sessions will be provided via mobile app and personal flash drive.
Attendees may register for one or both of the above events. AUCD Conference attendees may register for the Sunday workshop either here or with their AUCD Conference registration.
Location, Hotel Reservations, and Transportation
This event is held in conjunction with the AUCD 2013 Conference. Transportation, venue information, and hotel reservation details are located here.
Cost: Saturday & Sunday: $190
Saturday only: $150
Sunday only: $50
Federal employees: free
This event is coordinated by:
This event is generously sponsored in part by: