Pediatric Grand Rounds: LEND Pediatric Audiology Training Program Webinar, #1 in Series
Speaker Bios (664KB) [download]
Slides (1,954KB) [download]
In order to view the webinar presentation, please click on the webinar icon below.|
4:00pmET - 5:30pmET
This webinar included feature presentations from trainees within two LEND pediatric audiology programs: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC and Boston Children's Hospital. Case vignettes were presented by LEND audiologists to highlight not only learning within pediatric audiology but how this learning relates to the core competencies of LEND. Cases were chosen by LEND trainees to highlight the complexity of providing appropriate audiological diagnosis and management in light of other medical or social challenges.
Speakers (also see photos and bios in document at right)
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- Jessica Wells, MA, fourth year clinical Doctor of Audiology student at the University of Pittsburgh, PA.
- William Dillon, Doctoral student of Audiology at the University of Pittsburgh with the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Tessa Utz, Extern at the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
Boston Children's Hospital
- Nicole Corbin, Doctoral student of Audiology at Arizona State University completing her fourth year externships as a LEND fellow at Boston Children's Hospital.
- Lauren Shastany, B.S.,Audiology Extern at Boston Children's Hospital and is a Doctor of Audiology Candidate at James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
- Rebekah Tozer, MA., Doctoral student of Audiology at Vanderbilt University. Rebekah is currently completing her final year of this degree and is a doctoral extern at Boston Children's Hospital.
- Brian Fligor, ScD,Director of Diagnostic Audiology at Boston Children's Hospital and Instructor in Otology and Laryngology at Harvard Medical School.
About the MCHB/AUCD Pediatric Audiology Webinar Series
Funded through the Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB), the MCHB/AUCD LEND Pediatric Audiology Training Program supports 10 LEND programs to increase the didactic content and clinical experience of trainees in pediatric audiology. This webinar series was created to provide a leadership opportunity for LEND trainees/fellows from these funded programs, allowing them to present their experiences in pediatric audiology within the LEND interdisciplinary setting. Each webinar features presentations by LEND pediatric audiology trainees.
Webinar Series Objectives
- Describe challenging pediatric audiology case studies in view of cultural differences
- Explain the diagnostic process for arriving at a hearing loss diagnosis
- Describe the audiological management provided to children with hearing loss in light of other medical or social challenges
- Identify LEND competencies as they relate to the cases presented
- Illustrate how LEND core competencies impact care and management of children with hearing loss