Approaches to Training Healthcare Providers on Working with Patients with Disabilities
Approaches to Training Healthcare Providers.pdf (1,339KB) [download]
In order to view the webinar presentation, please click on the webinar icon below.|
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This webinar was co-sponsored by AUCD's Health and Disability Special Interest Group (SIG) and the Alliance for Disability in Health Care Education.
Presenters in this webinar share their approaches to "making the case" for, designing, and implementing training for healthcare providers on working with patients with disabilities.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe approaches to "making the case" for training providers
Discuss methods of designing training programs for providers
- Discuss steps for implementing provider trainings at various institutions (medical schools, medical societies, etc.)
- Describe elements of successful training programs
- Susan M. Havercamp, PhD, The Ohio State University Nisonger Center, UCEDD
- Kenneth Robey, PhD, Matheny Institute for Research in Developmental Disabilities, Alliance for Disability in Health Care Education, Inc., UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School
- Suzanne C. Smeltzer, RN, EdD, FAAN, Center for Nursing Research, Villanova University College of Nursing
- Ilka Riddle, PhD, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, UCEDD
Check out the Health and Disability Special Interest Group (SIG) at AUCD's Annual Meeting. All are invited to join the discussion, on Tuesday, December 4th from 12:00 pm to 1:15 pm EST.
Contact Sharon Romelczyk, Senior Project Specialist (email@example.com) with any questions you may have