Login to Update Your Profile
Last Updated: February 13, 2013
|Primary Activity Coordinators:||
|AUCD Council Membership:||
Council on Research and Evaluation
No Council Membership
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
School Psychology Internship, with rotations at: Riley Child Development Center, Indiana Department of Education, Institute for Child Study, Old National Trail Special Education Cooperative, 1995
- Indiana University, Ph.D. in Educational (School) Psychology, 1996
- University of Nebraska Omaha, M.S. in Educational Psychology, 1990
- Creighton University, B.A., in Psychology and Philosophy, 1988
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Indiana University School of Education
- Adjunct Professor, University of Indianapolis
- Training Director, Riley Child Development Center, 1999-present
- Staff Psychologist, Riley Child Development Center, 1999-present
- Director of Psychological and Educational Services, The Villages, 1997-1999
- Director of Research and Evaluation, The Villages, 1995-1997
- Clinical Privileges, Riley Hospital for Children
- Clinical Privileges, Wishard Hospital
- Indiana State Psychology Board, Psychologist, License No. 20041208A, Active
- Health Service Provider in Psychology Endorsement, Active
- Indiana Professional Standards Board, School Psychologist, License No. 943167, Active
American Psychological Association, Member
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- The Abby, The Villages, 1999
- Friend of Children, IARCCA, 1998
- Outstanding School Psychology Student of the Year, Indiana University, 1995
RESEARCH AND EVALUATION:
- National Supplemental Security Income Multidisciplinary Assessment Project, 2000-2005
- IARCCA Outcome Measures Project, 1996-present
- Program Evaluation of Indiana Teen Institute / Middle Level Leadership Institute, 1999
- Central State Property Needs Assessment, 1996
- Program Evaluation of Indiana University Teacher Education Program, 1992
- Program Evaluation of Indiana University School Psychology Program, 1992
- Cognitive & Intellectual Assessment, 2005-2006
- Advanced Treatment Strategies for Children and Adolescents, 2003-2004
- Independent Study: Pediatric Psychology, 2002
- Independent Study: Comprehensive School Health Programs, 2002
- Developmental Psychopathology of Childhood and Adolescence, 2002
- Assessment of Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities, 2001-2005
- Educational Psychology for All-Grade and Secondary Teachers, 1994, 1997
- Laboratory-field experience for All-Grade and Secondary Teachers, 1994, 1997
Koch, S. (2005). Norm referenced tests and test scores: What do they really mean? Presented in Indianapolis, IN, to the Indiana Disability Determination Bureau.
Koch, S. (2005). Measuring outcomes for out-of-home programs in Indiana. Presented in Omaha, NE, to the faculty and students of the Munroe-Meyer Institute on Genetics and Rehabilitation.
Koch, S., Nettles, G., & Henry, T. (2005). Educational Issues for Children with Disabilities in the Child Welfare System. Panel presentation in Indianapolis, IN, at the 3rd Annual Childhood Disabilities Conference.
Koch, S., & Galka, S. (2004). Data-driven decision making: Using the IARCCA Outcome Project data to improve services for children and families. Presented in Bethesda, MD, at the annual conference of the Association of University Centers on Disability.
Koch, S. (2004). Understanding learning disabilities. Presented in Indianapolis, IN, to child psychiatry residents.
Martin, R., Koch, S., & Nettles, G. (2004). Legal issues: Advocating for children with ADHD. Panel discussion presented in Indianapolis, IN at the Center for Law & Health / Riley Child Development Center / Indiana Division of Student Services, DOE annual conference on Childhood Disabilities.
Koch, S.M., & Wall, J.R. (September 2005). Special Report 2005: An analysis of variables related to intake and discharge in residential care, foster care, transitional living, home-based programs, day treatment, shelter care and crisis stabilization. Indianapolis: IARCCA.
Koch, S.M., & Wall, J.R. (April 2005). The IARCCA Outcome Measures Project: Report for Calendar Year 2004. Indianapolis: IARCCA.
Wall, J.R., Busch, M., Koch, S.M., Alexander, G., Minnich, H., & Jackson-Walker, S. (2005). Accountability in child welfare services: Developing a statewide outcome evaluation program. Psychological Services, 2(1), 39-53.
Koch, S., & Alexander, G. (1996). Family Campus: Needs Assessment Report. Conducted for the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration by the Community Care Alliance.
Skiba, R., Koch, S., & Peterson, R. (1995). Treatment validity: A neglected component in the classification of children. In T. Scruggs & M. Mastropieri (Eds.) Advances in Learning and Behavioral Disabilities (Vol. 9) (pp. 275-301).