CAAI 2013: Putting the Pieces Together: Improving Access, Quality, and Integration Through CAAI
LEND and DBP Directors Meeting Discussion Question Notes (77KB) [download]
CAAI Meeting Agenda (Friday & Saturday) (165KB) [download]
LEND & DBP Grantee Meeting Agenda (Thursday) (156KB) [download]
Location: Crystal City, VA
The 2013 CAAI Meeting brought together individuals from the training, research, and state programs funded by HRSA/MCHB's Combating Autism Act Initiative, as well as partner organizations and supporters. Directors and key faculty from each of the CAAI grants (DBP, LEND, States, and Research) were all in attendance.
CAAI Discussion Notes
CAAI 2013 attendees participated in several small group discussions centered around the meeting theme topics of quality improvement efforts in our states, programs, and research; improving access; and integrating our efforts. Groups were provided with a selection of case studies and questions to guide discussion; notes were taken and compiled after the meeting. Below are the cases and notes for each of the available case studies.
- Discussion Groups Overview: here
- Quality Improvement: Case 1
- Quality Improvement: Case 2
- Quality Improvement: Case 3
- Quality Improvement: Case 4
- Quality Improvement: Case 5
- Quality Improvement: Case 6
- Access and Integration: Case 8
- Access and Integration: Case 9
- Access and Integration: Case 12
- Access and Integration: Case 15
- Access and Integration: Case 18
CAAI Presentation PPTs & Handouts
All available PPT presentations from plenary and concurrent speakers have been added, in PDF form, to the CAAI 2013 app. Access the app's information from your desktop computer at this webpage (no installation necessary, just visit the webpage) to view and save the PDFs to your desktop.
When on the webpage, use the "Menu" button in the top left to access the daily schedule, then use the blue horizontal bar to change the day you want to view. Once you have selected a session to view, scroll to the bottom where PDFs are located under the title "Links" and organized by the presenter's last name. View or save to your desktop as desired. Contact Crystal if you have any questions.
We want your feedback! Please complete this brief (only 11 questions!) survey about your experience at CAAI 2013 so that we may continue planning CAAI events which are helpful and interesting for all attendees. Take the survey here.
Download the free CAAI 2013 Meeting App here to view the full agenda and all meeting details!
- Thursday, May 30: 1-6p: LEND & DBP Directors Meeting (agenda in app)
- Thursday, May 30: 1-6p: State Grantee Meeting (agenda in app)
- Friday, May 31: 8a-8p: CAAI Meeting (agenda in app)
- Saturday, June 1: 8a-1p: CAAI Meeting (agenda in app)
- Meeting pre-registration is now closed. Attendees will be able to register and pay on-site. All attendees, including Federal staff and speakers, must pre-register for this event.
- Meeting Fee: Due to restrictions on meetings supported with federal funding, there will be a $150 fee for each (non-Federal) attendee. The meeting fee will cover the production of materials and meals associated with the meeting. Note: grant dollars can be used for registration costs. Approximately one night of hotel charges will be deducted from your final hotel bill and covered by AMCHP.
- Refund and Cancellation Policy: Regardless of weather, the meeting will be held as scheduled. AUCD is not able to offer refunds for cancellations.
The Crystal Gateway Marriott is the official host hotel of the 2013 CAAI Meeting.
Crystal Gateway Marriott
1700 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, Virginia 22202
The hotel provides free shuttle service to and from Regan National Airport, located just minutes away. Attendees may alternately select to fly into Baltimore's BWI airport or Dulles. Transportation options and maps from the hotel are available here.
- Room rate: $159 for a single, double or ADA room
- Cut-off date for the group rate: Wed. May 8th
Present at CAAI
In addition to a robust agenda that includes presentations, panels, and breakout and networking sessions, attendees will be able to share their work with other attendees during a concurrent or poster session.
- Concurrent Session
- Individuals proposing a concurrent session presentation are expected to present during one 90-minute session for not more than 20 minutes. Each submission will be combined with two to three additional submissions at the discretion of the proposal review committee. The review committee will assign a moderator to the session to contact all presenters before the session, and to keep time and facilitate a brief question and answer session per speaker during the session. Concurrent session rooms will be equipped with an LCD projector, screen, and microphone.
- Five concurrent sessions will take place during the same 90 minute slot on the CAAI 2013 agenda. Not more than 20 proposals will be accepted for concurrent session presentations.
- Due to the 20 minute time limitation, individuals are strongly encouraged to propose not more than two presenters per submission.
- Poster Session
- Approximately 32 submissions will be confirmed as poster submissions. Attendees are encouraged to submit a proposal for a poster presentation; additionally, individuals not receiving concurrent sessions may be offered a poster as space allows. Poster presenters are required to submit their poster in 2 formats: a traditional paper poster and an e-poster.
- Traditional Poster: The CAAI Poster Session will take place the evening of Friday, May 31, for approximately 2 hours. Presenters accepted in this format are expected to create and hang a printed poster (not larger than 4' tall by 8' wide) prior to the poster session, accompany their poster during the designated hours and discuss it with interested attendees during the poster session, and leave the poster hanging for unaccompanied viewing through the close of the meeting on Saturday afternoon (no additional presentation time is required). Poster boards will be equipped with a small table for disseminating materials.
- E-Poster: An e-poster is an electronic version of the traditional poster, in the PowerPoint or PDF format in which it was created. E-posters will be posted on the CAAI meeting website both before and after the conference. E-posters increase exposure to the work and allow people to preview posters before attending the conference or review the information after returning home.
This meeting is hosted by ITAC and SPHARC, in collaboration with HRSA-MCHB.