The Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel is the official host hotel of the AUCD Conference.
999 Ninth Street NW
Washington, DC, 20001
The Renaissance Hotel is located in the heart of the nation's capital, situated between the White House and Capitol Hill in the Penn Quarter District. The hotel is just a quick walk away from the Verizon Center, the Spy Museum, Chinatown, the National Portrait Gallery, and the world-famous National Mall monuments. Experience the historically and culturally rich area during your stay by taking a walk on the National Mall, having dinner at one of Chinatown's restaurants, hiking beside the Potomac River to enjoy some nature, or taking the metro to the Zoo.
Hotel Information & Reservations
Additional Nearby Hotels
Below is a list of hotels within walking distance of the Renaissance (AUCD has not negotiated discounted room rates with any of these hotels):
- Grand Hyatt Washington
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Hampton Inn-Washington-Downtown-Convention Center
- Courtyard Washington Convention Center
- Morrison-Clark Inn
- Crowne Plaza - The Hamilton
- Washington Plaza Hotel
- The Henley Park Hotel
- Eldon Luxury Suites
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown
- Hotel Monaco
Renaissance DC Hotel Reference Information
AUCD 2015 Room Rate: $229/night for single or double occupancy
To make a reservation online, go to the AUCD Renaissance reservations webpage. Follow the prompts to enter your check in and out dates and other information. Select Find and the next page will show a Standard Guest Room or ADA Room selection with the $229/night rate. **Please note that only "Standard Guest Room" will appear on the booking page - your selection of accessible accommodations (i.e. roll-in shower), double or king room type, etc. must be entered under the "special request" section during your booking process. Follow the additional prompts to complete your reservation.
ADA Reservations at the Renaissance
Follow the above online instructions. Then choose an ADA room from the booking page if one is required. Then ADA requests such as a roll-in shower or the specific request of a double or king room must then be indicated in the Other Information/Additional Requests section.
When reserving an accessible room or making any accessible accommodation requests, it is strongly recommended to follow up with the hotel via phone to ensure that your request was entered correctly in their system. The Renaissance DC has 24 ADA rooms, 10 of which have roll-in showers. All of the hotel's roll-in shower rooms are in AUCD's room block. If you have any issues with booking an accessible room, please contact Laura Martin at AUCD via email or phone at 240-821-9379.
Phone Reservations at the Renaissance
To make a reservation by phone, call the Renaissance/Marriott Group Reservations office at 800-393-2505. Mention the name of the meeting or just AUCD, that it's at the DC Renaissance, and the dates you would like to reserve to get the negotiated rate of $229/night. Please be very specific with any additional requests or accommodations.
If you have questions, please contact Laura Martin at AUCD.
Renaissance Hotel Parking
Both Self-park and Valet parking are available.
Valet Parking: $40.00/day
The Renaissance DC has 24 ADA rooms, 10 of which have roll-in showers. All of the hotels' roll-in shower rooms are in AUCD's room block.
Additional accessibility features, as listed on the hotel's website:
- Accessible guest rooms have a 32 inch wide opening
- Guest room strobe light smoke detectors & door knockers
- Guest room vibrating alarm clocks & lamp-telephone flashers
- Telephone amplifiers
- Close Caption devices for televisions
- Induction loop system
- Notched room keys & a TDD reservation phone line
- Braille publications: restaurant menus, guest room directories, telephone directories, television instructions
- Fitness center entrance is accessible
- Main entrance is accessible
- Registration desk and the pathway to it are accessible
- Restaurants, lounges, spa, business center entrance, and meeting spaces are all accessible
- Service animals allowed for persons with disabilities
- Hotel has on site accessible self-parking
- Route to accessible guest rooms is accessible
- Sensitivity training is provided to all employees
Hotel Meal Options
In addition to many food and gathering options in the Penn Quarter neighborhood, the Renaissance has several options for guests wishing to eat at the hotel.
- Food court: accessible from the meeting room level, open Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm.
- Starbucks Coffee House: lobby level, open daily for breakfast and lunch
- Fifteen Squares Restaurant: lobby level, open daily for breakfast
- Presidents Sports Bar: lobby level, open daily for lunch and dinner
- Liberty Market: lobby level, open for lunch and dinner
- In-room dining
- More information here on hotel and local area dining options.
About the Penn Quarter District
The Penn Quarter District is a restored historic neighborhood. Because it is so close to the Verizon center, the area has become a hub for arts and entertainment. There are plenty art galleries and theatres around if you are interested in cultural experiences. The neighborhood also features many different restaurants, nightclubs and trendy stores.
Public transportation and parking
- Street parking is very limited in this area. Public Transportation is advised.
- Metro Stations nearby: Gallery Place - Chinatown (Red, Green, and Yellow lines). View routes, the metro system map, and calculate your fares here.