News: Call for submissions: ARTWORK for AUCD 2012
October 11, 2012
Arts play an important role for people with disabilities. To showcase the innovations and contributions of people with disabilities to the arts field, AUCD is excited to announce a new feature of the 2012 Annual Conference. During the Poster Session Reception and Awards Ceremony and Gala, photographs of a variety of artwork created by people with disabilities will be displayed. To make this new feature of the conference a success, AUCD needs your help! We invite you to submit pictures of art produced by people with disabilities.
Email the following to Corina by November 2, 2012:
- High quality picture(s) of artwork produced by people with disabilities: 300 pixels/inch minimum resolution.
There is no limit for how many pictures one Center/Artist can submit, but please send one picture of each art item.
- Artist's name
- Title of each art piece
- Short description - one-three sentences about each item submitted that can be used in an audio guide and description
- Center/Organization name
- Welcome slides of all the pictures received during the Poster Session and Awards Ceremony
- An accessible audio guide will accompany the presentation
- A selection of items received by October 23rd will be featured in the Media & Art section of our Conference Program, as well as in the Awards Program
- AUCD conference website
AUCD reserves the right to use the photographs received for all the venues listed above, as well as for other areas of the conference, as fit. AUCD also reserves the right to crop the photographs if needed.
For questions, please email Corina. Thank you for considering a submission!
About the AUCD Conference
To learn more about the AUCD 2012 conference, please check our Conference website.